The Conservative Party
The Conservative Party is a large and complex organisation, representing and involving people with a diverse range of backgrounds, interests and concerns. It is a broad church, which encourages open debate and accepts differences of opinion. What unites the Party are the core Conservative principals which provide our foundation.
Conservatives believe in less interference from the State - freedom for individuals, families, voluntary groups and businesses.
Conservative want to keep taxes low and set businesses free from red tape to help Britain compete in the global economy.
Conservatives stand for the rule of law and support for all members of our society. We recognise our duty to protect the environment for future generations.
Conservatives want to safeguard the Union of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, maintain strong defence and uphold our right to national self-government. We want to be in Europe but not run by Europe.
About the Seat
Sefton Central is a constituency represented in the House of Commons of the Parliament of the United Kingdom. It elects one Member of Parliament (MP) by the first past the post system of election. The seat was created during the Boundary Commission for England's review of constituencies for the 2010 General Election,replacing the old Crosby Constituency and the Sefton East part of the old Knowsley & Sefton East Constituency.
The constituency replaced that of Crosby along with part of Knowsley North & Sefton East, both have been abolished. The constituency covers Crosby, Formby,Maghull and various villages in the Metropolitan Borough of Sefton.
The electoral wards in the constituency are as follows:
- Blundellsands Ward (Blundellsands,Crosby & Brighton-le-Sands)
- Harington Ward (Formby & Freshfield)
- Manor Ward (Crosby,Thornton, Little Crosby, Hightown & Homer Green)
- Molyneux (Aintree Village, Maghull, Waddicar & Melling)
- Park (Maghull, Lydiate, Lunt Village, Sefton Village)
- Ravenmeols (Formby, Little Altcar, Ince Blundell, Carr Houses)
- Sudell (Maghull & Kennessee Green)
Parish & Town Councils in the Sefton Central Constituency
The Sefton Central Constituency contains 1 Town Council and 9 Parish Councils. Many of the councils pre-date the formation of Sefton Borough Council in 1974 by decades and contain very historic villages and buildings.
- Maghull Town Council
- Aintree Village Parish Council
- Melling Parish Council
- Lydiate Parish Council
- Sefton & Lunt Parish Council
- Ince Blundell Parish Council
- Little Altcar Parish Council
- Thornton Parish Council
- Hightown Parish Council
- Formby Parish Council
About the Association
- Chairman & Registered Treasurer: Mr Martyn Barber
- Assistant Treasurer: Mr John Rankin
- Deputy Chairman Political: Mr Simon Jamieson
- Deputy Chairman Membership & Finance: Town Cllr Thomas Hughes
- Young Conservatives Chairman: Mr Matthew Lock
- Honorary President: Mr Marcus Bleasdale
- Vice Honorary Presidents: Mrs Angela Rankin, Mr John Rankin, Miss Patricia Formby