The Conservative Party
The Conservative Party is a large and complex organisation, representing and involving people with a diverse range of backgrounds, interests and concerns. It is a broad church, which encourages open debate and accepts differences of opinion. What unites the Party are the core Conservative principals which provide our foundation.
Conservatives believe in less interference from the State - freedom for individuals, families, voluntary groups and businesses.
Conservative want to keep taxes low and set businesses free from red tape to help Britain compete in the global economy.
Conservatives stand for the rule of law and support for all members of our society. We recognise our duty to protect the environment for future generations.
Conservatives want to safeguard the Union of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, maintain strong defence and uphold our right to national self-government.
About the Seat
Sefton Central is a county constituency represented in the House of Commons of the Parliament of the United Kingdom. It elects one Member of Parliament (MP) by the first past the post system of election. The seat was created during the Boundary Commission for England's review of constituencies for the 2010 General Election, replacing the old Crosby Constituency and the Sefton East part of the old Knowsley North & Sefton East Constituency.
Boundary changes for the forthcoming General Election in 2024/25 will see Ainsdale Ward moved into Sefton Central Constituency from the Southport Constituency and Aintree Parish in Molyneux Ward, polling districts C4, C5 and C6 will move into the Liverpool Walton Constituency.
The constituency replaced that of Crosby along with part of Knowsley North & Sefton East, both have been abolished. The constituency covers the main settlements of Crosby, Formby, Ainsdale, Maghull and various villages and hamlets in the Metropolitan Borough of Sefton.
The electoral wards in the constituency are as follows:
- Ainsdale Ward (Ainsdale & Woodvale)
- Blundellsands Ward (Blundellsands, North West Crosby & Brighton-le-Sands)
- Harington Ward (Formby & Freshfield)
- Manor Ward (North Crosby, Thornton, Little Crosby, Hightown & Homer Green)
- Molyneux Ward - part (South Maghull, Waddicar, Melling & Melling Mount)
- Park Ward (Maghull, Lydiate, Lunt Village, Sefton Village)
- Ravenmeols Ward (Formby, Little Altcar, Lady Green, Ince Blundell & Carr Houses)
- Sudell Ward (Maghull & Kennessee Green)
Parish & Town Councils in the Sefton Central County Constituency
The Sefton Central Constituency contains 1 Town Council and 9 Parish Councils. Many of the councils pre-date the formation of Sefton Borough Council in 1974 by decades and contain very historic villages and buildings.
- Maghull Town Council
- Aintree Village Parish Council (Remains in Sefton MBC but has moved into Liverpool Walton Constituency for Parliamentary elections)
- Melling Parish Council
- Lydiate Parish Council
- Sefton & Lunt Parish Council
- Ince Blundell Parish Council
- Little Altcar Parish Council
- Thornton Parish Council
- Hightown Parish Council
- Formby Parish Council
Association Officers 2023/2024
- Chairman & Registered Treasurer: Mr Martyn P Barber
- Deputy Chairman Political: Mr Simon I Jamieson
- Deputy Chairman Membership & Finance: Mrs Denise Dutton
- Young Conservatives Chairman: Mr Daniel Kirk
- Honorary President: Mr Marcus Bleasdale
- Vice Honorary Presidents: Mrs Angela Rankin & Mr John Rankin
Association officers elected at the AGM on Wednesday 19th July 2023.